New build home owners may require consent from developers

If you have purchased a New Build residential property and wish to extend or significantly alter it, you may be required to pay an administration fee to the original Developer for consent. These fees do vary but recently we have found them to be approximately £250 (inc. VAT), purchasers will see the covenant within the deeds, although the fee amount is unlikely to be specified.

As well as the payment, the Developers will need copies of any drawings or photographs relating to the proposal in order to provide consent – this submission can occur at the same time as any planning application to a local authority, to prevent delays.

Should you not require planning permission due to the proposals being accepted under permitted development, this still means you will need drawings in order to satisfy the original Developer.

Formal Householder planning application fees required by most local authorities is currently £172.00 (total) and this should be factored into your budget when appointing an Architectural Design practice, such as CPA Planning Design.